Maitree House is producing a 7-part training video series for the National Disability Services (NDS) on the topic of “Responding to Abuse” of people with disabilities. Each video will explore situations where people with disabilities are being abused and how a support worker might respond. These are scripted, dramatic scenes that are later shared with people in the sector to encourage support workers to think about the best way to deal with difficult situations.
Maitree House works with both people with disabilities and able-bodied professional actors.
Compensation: MEAA award rates based on full or half day calls.
Please send expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and please quote which character you are auditioning for, for example: “Auditioning for 1. MANAGER”)
Jan 13, 2018 9:00am – 5:00pm
(Please note all auditions will be given a specific time within this window, approx. 15 minutes)
Call Backs: Jan 17th
Jan 20, 2018 9:00am – 5:00pm
Jan 21, 2018 9:00am – 5:00pm
(Please note you will be given a specific time within this window, approx. 2 hrs)
Shooting Starts: Jan 23, 2018
Shooting Ends: Jan 31, 2018
(Please note you will only be required for one of these days)
ROLES TO AUDITION:
1. MANAGER. Character description: 50’s, male or female, any cultural background.
Synopsis: Hannah notices that something is amiss with Steve and thinks that Gordon may have something to with it. She discusses this with her manager.
2. PAUL (support worker). Character description: 40-50, male (“blokey”), Australian/European.
Synopsis: Jasmine sees Paul and Cindy mocking Bradley and is conflicted in how to respond.
3. CURTIS (support worker). Character description: 38-45, male, Anglo-Australian/European.
Synopsis: Curtis, a male support worker arrives triggering Mel’s past trauma.
4. Aaron. Character description: 20’s - 30’s, male, any cultural background. NB: this actor must be a person with a disability.
Synopsis: A fight has broken out at a group outing with one person injured. Jan must chose between calling an ambulance and obeying her senior.
5. BILL (support worker). Character description: 50’s, male, any cultural background.
Synopsis: Curtis, a male support worker makes a complaint about a colleague’s negligence, however the manager brushes it off
6. MARCHETTA (SUPERVISOR). Character description: 40’s, female, any cultural background.
Synopsis: Curtis, a male support worker makes a complaint about a colleague’s negligence, however the supervisor brushes it off
Thanks for considering to be a part of our project, we look forward to hearing from you!