Audition bookings are now open for Purely Pensive Productions’ December 2017 show,
By Tim Winton
Adapted by Nick Enright and Justin Monjo
Purely Pensive Productions in association with Darebin City Council present “Cloudstreet.”
A unique theatre experience staged at the historical Bundoora Homestead, where the audience will be treated to a roving performance where the homestead transforms into the iconic Cloudstreet House. An opportunity for actors who want to be involved in a truly one of kind theatrical production.
Directed by: Jeremy Ives and Janine Shipard
Produced by: Angie Bedford
Tuesday October 10 2017 from 6.30pm
Thursday October 12 2017 from 6.30pm
Sunday October 15 2017 from 5.30pm
Additional callbacks may also be called on Sunday October 15
At The Bundoora Homestead, Snake Gully Road, Bundoora
Cloudstreet chronicles the lives of of two working class Australian families who come to live together in one large, abandoned house on Cloud Street over a twenty year period from 1943-1963.
The two families are contrasts to each other; the devoutly religious Lambs find meaning in hard work and God’s grace, while the Pickles hope for good luck and don’t share the Lambs’ appetite for hard work.
The artistic team are seeking 12-18 actors to make up the cast:
SPEAKING rOLES all require an AUSTRALIAN accent.
Sam Pickles: A troubled man who takes his chance on luck.
Dolly Pickles: An attractive woman who knows how to turn heads.
Rose Pickles: A thin, pretty, troubled young girl. The daughter of Sam and Dolly who has her mother’s looks, her father’s heart, but a big chip on her shoulder.
Lester Lamb: A goofy, fun loving father who has the best intention in his heart for his family.
Oriel Lamb: A stern, conservative hard working woman. Once deeply devoted to her faith, Oriel is conflicted after the accident her son Fish was involved in.
Quick Lamb: A conflicted young man who suffers as the world suffers.
Fish Lamb: Left disabled after an accident at the beginning of the show, Fish is the glue that keeps his family together.
Aboriginal Man: Spiritual guide for the characters who live in the house given the themes of the stolen generation that flow through the script.
Also an ensemble of eight actors of varying ages and gender would be required to change to the different characters that appear throughout the story.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS / GENERAL NOTES
- We welcome auditionees of all ages that can play the required age range.
- Auditionees should read the character descriptions (above) and consider the role(s) they are interested in. Please note actors can audition for any role regardless of their own age. The character ages indicated refer to how the character should be portrayed with the assistance of makeup etc. not actual actor age.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your audition book to allow time to fill out forms and please bring a head shot along with you.
- Please bring along your diary and any unavailable dates. We need to be aware of this when casting and creating rehearsal schedules.
- Rehearsals will be held Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings from 6.30pm at the Homestead, from 22nd October, 2017.
- Production week will be December 3- 16, 2017 at The Bundoora Homestead, Snake Gully Road, Bundoora.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR AUDITION
Please email email@example.com with your preferred audition time and date.
We will return your email with a booking time and further information. Please specify the character you would like to audition for so you can be placed in an appropriate grouping.
For further information please call: 0474 201 166
Please visit www.purelypensive.com.au for more information and to download audition pieces.