FRIDAY 24TH MARCH FROM 7PM
Please note: If you are unable to attend an audition on this day, please contact The Youth Production Company and we will attempt to accommodate you.
From the hit motion pictures, television series, and international stage success, FAME is nothing short of a global phenomenon.
Set during the last years of New York City’s celebrated High School for the Performing Arts on 46th Street (1980-1984), FAME JR. is the bittersweet but ultimately inspiring story of a diverse group of students as they commit to four years of gruelling artistic and academic work. With candour, humour and insight, the show explores the issues that confront many young people today.
With its topical subject manner, multi-ethnic cast of actors, singers, dancers and instrumentalists and high-energy, contemporary pop score (which includes the hit title song), FAME JR. is an ideal musical for young performers.
CHARACTERS STILL TO BE CAST
ACTING ENSEMBLE: Acting Ensemble are male and female students who are in Mr. Myer’s scenes and all ensemble numbers. They should be good singers, actors and movers.
DANCE ENSEMBLE: Dance Ensemble kids have the hardest ensemble role in the show, so we are looking for strong dancers as you will be featured often in the show. A strong singing voice not essential, it is more important that you a great dancer.
MUSIC ENSEMBLE: Music Ensemble are kids in all music scenes and ensemble numbers. Looking for singers and actors. It would be a plus if a few of them can play a musical instrument, which you could highlight during the show.
MISS ESTHER SHERMAN: Miss Esther Sherman (English Teacher) is a powerful, strong woman who firmly believes academic subjects are the core of a solid education.
- MYERS: Mr. Myers (Acting Teacher) is perhaps the most relaxed of the teachers, but he still demands full commitment from the students.
- SHEINKOPF: Mr. Sheinkopf (Music Teacher) adds a bit of comic relief to the show but still doesn’t let up when there is work to be done.
- GRETA BELL: Ms. Greta Bell (Dance Teacher) is a passionate teacher who is not afraid to push her students to reach their full artistic potential.
- NICK PIAZZA: Nick Piazza is focused on learning the craft of “real” acting.
- SERENA KATZ: Serena Katz loves the life of an artist but is equally as interested in boys, specifically Nick.
Audition and Rehearsal Venue
Buckley Park Bowls Club- 111 Cooper St, Essendon
- All auditionees must email: email@example.com to request an audition time, after reading the 2017 Information pack. Your request to audition is taken to mean you are satisfied with the requirements in the information pack.
- All auditionees must be aged between 13-18 years old
- All auditionees must provide a non-returnable headshot and a Resume/CV (if you have one)
- Backing tracks CAN be used. Note: No acappella. Music is to be supplied on either a USB, CD, phone or ipod only.
IMPORTANT DATES – CAST COMMITMENT
REHEARSALS -Commence from Wed 29th March
(you will be notified of your role within 2 days of your audition)
Wednesdays between 5:30-8:30pm (excluding school holidays)
Extra Rehearsals: Fridays 1st, 8th & 15th September.
The Buckley Park Bowls Club-111 Cooper St, Essendon
The Phoenix Theatre
101 Glen Huntly Rd, Elwood VIC 3184
PRODUCTION WEEK DATES (at Phoenix Theatre-Elwood)
These rehearsals are compulsory and non-negotiable.
Tuesday 19th September (5pm-10pm) Technical Rehearsal & Dress Rehearsal
Wednesday 20th September (5pm-10pm) Technical Rehearsal & Dress Rehearsal
Thursday 21st September (evening)
Friday 22nd September (evening)
Saturday 23rd September (evening)
(Please note: In the event of a sell-out season, we may add a fourth show on Saturday afternoon 23rd September)