Maribyrnong City Council is calling for Expressions of Interest from appropriately skilled community artists and/or community development practitioners or similar, to facilitate a participation and engagement focused activity to occur in the Braybrook area as part of Fringe Westside for the Melbourne Fringe Festival 2018.
Arts & Culture Maribyrnong is seeking an arts activity for the Braybrook community that actively removes both physical and social barriers, and/or the perception of barriers to participation and engagement, in a format that is place based and inclusive. Further, we are seeking an activity that assists in breaking down any perception of barriers to participation that may exist, and builds on the existing capacity within the Hub, and the local community.
The genre and art medium of the activity being sought is not defined, however the focus of the successful proposal must be around active participation, meaning it encourages the community to get involved rather than simply involving the community as passive viewers.
The duration is not fixed or defined, nor is the location except to say that it must be delivered in Braybrook, in and/or around, the Braybrook Community Hub. Wet weather plans may be required given the uncertain nature of Melbourne weather in September.
Applications for a previously mounted project, or part thereof, are welcome, insofar as they meet the objectives of the full project brief, and Arts & Culture Maribyrnong.
Expressions of Interest will be assessed on the following criteria:
- are innovative and high quality,
- encourage active participation rather than voyeuristic participation,
- actively engage the community as co-creators and/or co-owners of the activity,
- are well-articulated and feasible, and fully costed,
- are easily accessible for culturally diverse communities,
- potential for further development and/or future presentation,
- feature environmentally sustainable practises,
- allow time for planning, self-reflection and evaluation,
- are delivered at Braybrook Community Hub and/or its surrounds.
The EOI process opens on 9 April and closes 14 May.
An artists fee of $7500.00 ex GST is being offered for this project.
Full details of the artists brief, as well as an EOI form are available from the website by clicking the link on the right.