The 2018 St Kilda Film Festival is fast approaching and we are looking for a number of enthusiastic volunteers to help out over the ten days of the event from the 17 - 26 May.
Kicking off with Opening Night on Thursday 17 May, 2018, the Festival runs over 10 days and encompasses the Top 100 Australian short films, music videos, international short films, special programs, youth programs and filmmaker development.
The Festival culminates in an awards night, where winners share in over $50,000 in prizes.
This year the St Kilda Film Festival will be based out of the St Kilda Town Hall, on Carlisle St.
Volunteer responsibilities will include:
- Ticketing (scanning tickets, queue management)
- Ushering and cinema duties
- Distribution and collection of market research
- Event and production assistance across special events, including Opening Night, Closing Night and SoundKILDA music video awards
- Assisting with the filmmaker professional development program
- Distribution and collection of audience voting
- Assisting audience with questions, directions etc.
In addition to being part of the 2018 St Kilda Film Festival team, you can also watch some great short films!
Priority will be given to applicants currently studying or recently graduated in the fields of event management, film studies or similar courses.
Applicants must be over the age of 18 to apply.
To express your interest in volunteering, please email you name and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org