‘The Australian Burlesque Festival’: PERFORMER APPLICATIONS 2017
The Australian Burlesque Festival welcomes all types of burlesque, variety and fringe entertainment. Accepting local and international performer applications.
The Australian Burlesque Festival is committed to providing a supportive, collaborative and community based program. We aim to maintain integrity and respect of performers and support staff while offering a unique and interactive burlesque festival experience. The Australian Burlesque Festival will continue to diversify, expand, achieve excellence and provide an inclusive showcase of different genres of burlesque within our community, both locally and internationally.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to perform in a highly respected, star-studded Australia-wide festival. The Australian Burlesque Festival is the largest touring burlesque festival in the world showcasing hundreds of talented artists performing in ten or more shows across the country.
- Applications Open: 31 January 2017 NOW OPEN
- Application Deadline: 3 April 2017
- Acceptance Notifications: 10 – 17 April 2017
- Tour Dates: 28 September to 28 October 2017
- Tropical Tease (all genres accepted – must have more than 2 years performance experience)
- The Big Tease (classic, circus, variety performers – high calibre acts only. Must have at least 3-4 years experience) .
- Noir Exotique (all genres accepted – must have more than 2 years performance experience)
- New Follies Burlesque (burlesque, circus, variety performers – aimed at performers with less than 2 years experience)
- Seeking burlesque, boylesque, variety, circus, singers, cabaret, magic, sideshow, dark, queer, fetish, drag and more.
SEE WEBSITE FOR APPLICATION FORM & SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM