What is the Room to Move Residency?
A residency program supported by Brimbank City Council’s Arts and Culture team that provides the Bowery Theatre dance studio in-kind to individual artists and small collectives for training, rehearsal and/or experimentation without the expectation of creating a new arts product. This opportunity suits dancers, choreographers, physical theatre artists, and other body/movement based artists.
Applications open: 1 February 2020
Application Due Date: This is a rolling application process – applications are accepted anytime up until 1 August 2020. Applications are assessed as they are received.
Successful residencies can commence: from March 2020
Residencies End: December 2020
What’s on offer?
Up to four residencies will be awarded.
The Room to Move residency offers:
- One 4 hour booking per week in the dance studio at no charge
- $500 towards project costs
- Promotion of the artist / collective through council communication channels
- Potential opportunities to participate in STACC / Bowery events
- Potential support with connecting with other groups/organisations/funding bodies/presenters
The Room To Move Residency encourages:
- Opportunities to undertake process-driven arts practice and risk taking in making new, contemporary performance works/processes/ensembles;
- Artistic and career development opportunities for artists;
- Opportunities to increase community reach and engagement;
- The development of work/arts practice that is reflective of the cultural diversity of Brimbank
- Artistic merit in the presentation/development of new work/processes that positions the Bowery and STACC as a place that nurtures artists and bold ideas.
For more information, guildelines and how to apply visit bowerystacc.com.au/room-to-move-residency-2020
Community and Creative Partnerships Officer
P: 9249 4600