Opera Australia is seeking twenty-four Dancers for its upcoming Brisbane season of The Ring Cycle — an exciting new co- production in partnership with Opera Queensland, Griffith University and QPAC, directed by Shi-Zheng Chen.
ROLES & CASTING CRITERIA
- Technically accomplished dancers with performance experience and expertise in either contemporary/modern dance, contemporary indigenous dance or accomplished professional dancers with all-round ability.
- Dancers are especially sought from a range of ethnic backgrounds, for example Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander, Middle-Eastern, Asian, Indian, African, Southern European (Mediterranean), South American and any mixed-race ancestry or multicultural background.
- Male Dancers must be comfortable with partnering and/or lifting.
- Dancers may be based in Sydney, Brisbane, Townsville or Cairns.
PAY & TERMS
Dancers will be engaged in accordance with the Opera Australia Enterprise Agreement.
Casual rehearsal rates will apply when rehearsing and performing in a Dancer’s city of residence (Sydney and Brisbane based dancers). Casual rehearsal rates are currently between $45.63 and $52.16 per hour (minimum 3 hour call). Casual performance rates are currently between $234.98 and $291.25 per performance.
When required to tour interstate, Dancers will be paid seasonal weekly salaries. These rates commence at Level 1 (currently $1127.52 p/week) through to Level 5 (currently $1398.02 p/week). Progression from one level to the next is based on years of experience as a professional dancer.
When on tour, Dancers will receive Travel, Accommodation, Meals & Incidentals allowances in accordance with the Opera Australia Enterprise Agreement. Dancers will be engaged on the understanding they are fully available to take part for all rehearsal and performance dates. Please refer to the following rehearsal and performance schedule.
The production will commence with an isolated rehearsal period in Sydney between Monday 9 March 2020 and Saturday 28 March 2020.
Studio rehearsals will re-commence in Sydney from Monday 24 August 2020 through to Saturday 10 October 2020.
Stage rehearsals will re-commence in Brisbane from Monday 12 October 2020 to Monday 9 November 2020.
Performances will commence in Brisbane from Tuesday 10 November 2020 to Saturday 5 December 2020.
CASTING DATES & SUBMISSIONS:
Find out here: https://opera.org.au/aboutus/employment/auditions/actors-and-dancers
Dancers who wish to attend may apply online using this form.
You will be required to upload the following materials:
1. Dance CV (please include age and height in cms)
2. Full-length body shot
Attendance is by registration - an invitation to attend the audition will be emailed to individuals who are successful in their application.
Agents are invited to submit talent directly by email to: Matthew Barclay, Dance Supervisor, Opera Australia firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information, please contact: Jocelyn O’Brien, Casting Supervisor, Opera Australia email@example.com