Sydney Olympic Park is looking for clever and creative ideas from artists, creatives, event producers, community groups and anyone else with a burning desire to bring life, vibrancy and imagination to our public spaces as we slowly begin to emerge from Covid-19.
Tell us how you’ll transform, illuminate, activate and enhance the identity of public places in Sydney Olympic Park with placemaking activations that can:
- • Provide durational, self-discoverable and memorable experiences for our community
- • Bring joy, colour and fun to our public spaces
- • Introduce humour and playfulness
- • Support local businesses by attracting more visitors from nearby communities
- • Spark social connections – create places to meet, connect, dine, play, rest, work, exercise and discover.
- • Strengthen community ownership and a sense of belonging in Sydney Olympic Park
- • Recreate the feeling of being relaxed and at home in the public spaces at Sydney Olympic Park
- • Connect the everyday places and spaces in the Sydney Olympic Park Town Centre and take people on a journey of discovery and adventure
- • Celebrate the Park’s Olympic and biodiversity legacies and create excitement about its future
- • We’re looking for ideas that will work creatively and practically while we all emerge from Covid – ideas that transform empty public spaces into vibrant public places and can be delivered within a defined budget.
To apply, go to https://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/Venue-Hire/Public-Events/Grants-Program
Read all the information, complete the web-based application and we'll be in touch after the closing to date to advise the outcome and next steps.