The City of Stirling is seeking performers for Sunset Veranda 2020.
Who are we?
Sunset Veranda is the City of Stirling’s independent pop-up FRINGE WORLD venue situated on Brighton Reserve, Scarborough Beach. It hosts a season of world-class entertainment amongst a buzzing seaside atmosphere with ticketed shows in the Big Top circus tent and free entry to the adjacent pop-up bar which features local musicians on the ‘Under the Sky’ stage
In 2019, Sunset Veranda had higher than expected attendances with over 14,000 attending the venue across the 20 days. We saw record breaking numbers with 21 sold out shows and four shows winning FRINGE WORLD Weekly Awards.
Sunset Veranda will host performancesfor the entire FRINGE WORLD season (Friday 17 Jan to Sunday 16 February 2020). The venue will be open to the public from 5pm to 10pm Thursday and Friday, opening 3pm -10pm on weekends and open for additional days & hours in an unlicensed capacity for family programming.
What can we offer?
- A variety of performance time slots including family friendly morning and early evening sessions,
- Outstanding marketing resources; as we are Perth’s largest council, we can get your message out far and wide, with excellent penetration in Perth’s most engaged postcodes,
- A unique and stunning coastal location, giving you prime access to new audiences from all along the northern corridor,
- Artist development program – supporting you with the marketing campaigns on social media
- Onsite box office and front of house team
- Quality tech including operator/s
- Dressing room facilities
- Competitive ticket split arrangements and delivered fees upon negotiation
- All round good times!
Who are we looking for?
A little bit of everything! In the past we have had a mix of comedy, music, circus, cabaret, burlesque, theatre, and children’s shows and arts workshops.
Our audience is comprised mostly of families and young adults who have mixed but mostly “entry level” experiences with the arts. It is essential that all events and activities are inclusive and accessible to the community; therefore all events at the Sunset Veranda must be free or low cost ($30 or less) so that everyone in the community has the opportunity to attend events regardless of their background.
Please note: shows with risqué, confronting or “left of field” material will be considered, however, as a local government run event there are limitations on how far we can push the envelope with our programming, and places for these types of shows will be limited. We recommend getting in touch early to discuss your idea before submitting an EOI.
If you would like to perform at the Sunset Veranda we recommend getting in touch asap as timeslots fill up fast.
Expressions of interest for the 2020 festival formally close Monday 2 September 2019. Submit your application today by reviewing the info pack below and by completing the online form.
1. Arts and Events 2018 EOI Info Pack
2. 2019 EOI for Events Online Form
3. Email: supporting documentation (if applicable) to the Arts and Activation team - firstname.lastname@example.org