For more than 18 years council has been hosting the annual Carols by Candlelight event.
The event has become one of the largest Carols in the Illawarra!
The night includes plenty of great performers, a visit by special guests, and, of course, Santa and ends with a spectacular fireworks display on Warilla Beach.
Shellharbour Council is currently calling for Expressions of Interest for a Performance Coordinator for 'Carols by Candlelight'.
Responsibilities will include:
- development of a cohesive music/stage program and running order
- sourcing and booking community and professional performances including band and other entertainment suitable to an all age’s family event
- booking and coordinating a ‘Santa Claus’.
Stage management, theming, decoration and MC’s will be arranged by Shellharbour Council in consultation with the Performance Coordinator.
Timings of the event are as follows:
- Kids Concert: 5.30pm- 6.15pm (not the responsibility of the Performance Coordinator)
- Carols by Candlelight stage program: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
- End of event Fireworks display: 8.30pm
All aspects of the process are to be inclusive of Shellharbour Council event staff including the audition process, development of the program and confirmation of acts and bookings.
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, APPLY NOW!!!