Author: Jean Franco and Guillaume Mélanie
Director: Donald McManus
Enquiries: 03 9349 2250
Characters Summary: CAST + AGE RANGES
6 roles - 4 female 2 male
- Gabrielle Bellecour, chief of staff of the Ministry of National Education, elegant headstrong woman, female 40s to 50s.
- Louis Tesson, Minister of National Education, a dreamer and devoid of reality despite (or because of?) his position, male 40s to 60s.
- Cécile Bouquigny, Gabrielle’s mother, completely off beam, female 40s to 60s.
- Michelle Tesson, Louis’ future ex-wife, Gabrielle’s sworn enemy, female 30s to 50s.
- Sara Bellecour, Gabrielle’s daughter, pretty, effervescent, sometimes astonishingly mature, but otherwise a spoilt brat, female 20s to 30s.
- Éric Garcia, the Ministry’s jack of all trades, manly, with the face of an angel, male 20s to 40s.
MUST be FULLY FLUENT in French as the show is in FRENCH
Please note that roles are not paid, but you will be working with a professional director and company.
***ALL CANDIDATES INCLUDING PREVIOUS ACTORS MUST RSVP ONLINE at:
TO BOOK IN FOR AN AUDITION BY COMPLETING THE FORM ON OUR WEBSITE BELOW + ATTACHING YOUR THEATRE [not just a general work one] RESUME/CV + PORTRAIT ONLY PHOTO + OBTAIN THE TEXT WHICH YOU NEED TO PREPARE ***
MUST be strictly available for rehearsals for all of mid-February 2019 to 4 May 2019 [last show] inclusive – no absences or holidays please – these must be disclosed for our discretion in the casting – due to some unfortunate precedents
Audition Venue: VENUE - LA MAISON DE MAITRE BUILDING – MFT PREMISES
203-205 Canning Street, CARLTON - corner Neill Street
[Melway Ref: Map 43 K2] enter via Neill Street door
Theatre: Library at the Dock, Performance Space, second floor, 107 Victoria Harbour Promenade, Docklands 3008
Melways 2E F6
Company Email: email@example.com
Company Website: http://www.mftinc.org/
Synopsis: A delicious political comedy - panic at the Ministry of Education! The Education Minister wants to enforce mandatory school uniforms and the students are revolting. Meanwhile, the Minister’s trusted chief of staff Gabrielle, a dynamic career woman, is contending with a troublesome daughter who wants her independence but has no means of income and an impossible hippy mother who sets Gaby up with dates. Gaby concentrates all her energy on her job and to save her boss from every sticky political and scandal-plagued situation. Don’t miss this clever piece, exquisitely timed for Macron’s Gilets Jaunes France!
Other Information: only apply on the website
Auditions : Auditions 2 pm Saturday 16 February 2019 + 7 pm Monday 18 February 2019