The Abbotsford Convent is very excited to announce that we have just launched our Convent Kids program for 2019!
This summer, the galleries and gardens of the convent will be transformed in a brand new series of free, hands-on, participatory art activities, offering exciting experiences for children and families to explore and create art together. For more information about Convent Kids programming, see the listing here.
To help us deliver this exciting program, we need the help of volunteers!
We’re looking for volunteers to assist with:
- Supporting visitor engagement by providing a welcoming environment and exceptional customer service for all visitors, in particular children and families
- Overseeing the use of workshop equipment and materials, and assisting with the delivery of participatory projects and workshop activities
- Assisting ACF staff with the set-up, maintenance and pack down of Convent Kids spaces.
We’re after volunteers with:
- Excellent communication skills and a can do attitude with a proactive approach to tasks
- A friendly personality and the ability to work in a respectful and encouraging manner with children and families.
- A Working with Children’s Check (this can be done online quickly and for free here).
Volunteering at Convent Kids is a great opportunity to gain experience, get involved with the Convent community and meet new people. If you have an interest in children’s programming, contemporary art programming, participatory projects, arts and culture – or if you’d just like to help out – please register your interest.
Registrations close: Tuesday 18 December 2018, 5pm
Volunteer Information Session: Friday 4 January 2017, 3 – 4.30pm
Program dates: Monday 7 – Sunday 20 January (Sensory Art Lab) Tuesday 22 – Friday 25 January (Your Story Garden)