We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated student to join our team at Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2019 as an Intern.
Staged on the spectacular 2km Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi is one of Sydney’s most popular events, with 500,000 visitors viewing over 100 sculptures by artists from around the world. The popularity of the Bondi exhibition led to the creation of Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe in Perth in March each year. Staged since 2005 the Cottesloe exhibition features over 70 sculptures and is enjoyed by 250,000 visitors, making the exhibition as much a part of Perth as the Bondi show is in Sydney. We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to come on board in the area of administration, artist coordination and production to assist in the lead-up and during our Bondi 2019 exhibition. This internship would be ideal for someone interested in gaining experience in the events industry.
Reporting to the Exhibition Coordinator, the events-based internship involves providing key administrative support to the Exhibition Coordination department specifically assisting in liaising with exhibiting artists, volunteers, and exhibition staff. You will assist the Exhibition Coordination department in managing the onsite office and be involved in a wide range of tasks relating to the production of the exhibition, including administrative tasks. Such administrative tasks will include:
- Basic letter/email writing,
- Assistance with mail outs,
- Answering phones and taking messages,
- Daily postal run,
- Processing exhibiting artist documents;
- Sourcing quotes;
- Conducting basic research tasks;
- Filing, and
- Data entry.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Organised, well presented and friendly,
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to detail,
- Ability to prioritise tasks and be effective at time management,
- Computer experience and a very solid working knowledge of MS Office programs,
- People skills and a love for the arts,
- Current full drivers licence,
- A keen interest in events and the events industry.
Please see below details of availability:
- Pre-Exhibition: Commencing – Mid-August to November (including the exhibition period). Ideally, this internship would require you to come in 2-3 days a week
- During Exhibition: Commencing – Wednesday 16 October 2019 to Friday 15 November 2019 Ideally, the internship would require you to come in 3 days a week during the exhibition period, inclusive of weekends
If you are interested in this position please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2 August 2019. If you have any questions please contact Regina Wadds, Exhibition Assistant, on +61 2 8399 0233.