HOTA, Home of the Arts.
Surrounded by parklands and a lake with Surfers Paradise as the backdrop, Home of the Arts is your place for live performances, lake-side strolls, star-gazing, cinema-watching, art and new-ideas. There’s a unique outdoor stage for live events and a refreshed cafe for relaxing and connecting. Plus, all your favourites, like our cinemas, theatres and gallery.
Discover art—indoors and out. HOTA is that kind of place—where art meets life.
HOTA’s brand-spanking new outdoor stage is like no other. It’s at the heart of HOTA and will be a magnet for world-class artists. We believe in community, conversation and creativity, so when we’re not presenting amazing live performances, we’ll bring the parklands alive. Experience dance or yoga on the green, parkrun around the lake and our popular Sunday farmer’s markets, all in one place.
HOTA is the home for all things creative. A home that brings people together where ideas are transformed into real life experiences. A place where art makes the world a better place.
Our future is bright
We’re building momentum for a richer, deeper arts and culture experience for the Gold Coast. There’s so much more to come at HOTA, Home of the Arts. hota.com.au
OUR VISION: To capture your imagination.
OUR PURPOSE: To be Gold Coast’s home of Arts and Culture – a gathering place that locals love, and visitors must see and to offer inspiration, discovery and connection.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As the Producer Outdoor Events, your focus will be on working with the Executive Producer, Senior Producer and Senior Programmer to program, plan and deliver a wide variety of content to the HOTA Outdoor Stage and other HOTA outdoor sites that may be activated from time to time. You will be motivated to increase audience reach, audience numbers and audience participation in the events. Using your industry networks, negotiation skills and knowledge of community you will assist HOTA to increase the profile of the Outdoor Stage and the associated scheduled events.
You will have broad cross genre experience in producing works of a high standard that attract wide audiences. Your experience will ideally include working with, or alongside, music promoters, theatrical promoters, and commercial, subsidised and community-based arts organisations. You enjoy working in teams and are capable of working alone. You are a clear communicator and have a high attention to detail. You have a clear understanding of the challenges of realising creative endeavour from both an artists and operational perspective and facilitate both requirements with ease.
Reporting to the Senior Producer, you will work alongside your colleagues in the Programming team (both in-house and contracted), to grow new audiences (particularly those under 45 years).
Above all you will be a champion of arts and culture on the Gold Coast and the growing ambition of the Cultural Precinct.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
Working closely with the programming and producing teams to lead pre-planning for the engagement, contracting and delivery of works on the Outdoor Stage.
Working with production and technical teams, taking overall responsibility for preparing, managing and tracking the project budgets associated with works on the Outdoor Stage.
You will successfully negotiate, contract creatives, performers, suppliers to deliver content in accordance with the vison, budget and schedule to create the program of works associated with the Outdoor Stage. Where required, you will manage all aspects of the creative delivery of content including visas, insurances, international tax, flights, accommodation, transfers and any catering requirements.
With the Marketing team contribute to high-impact marketing, communication and public relation plans for the programmed works, delivering information within agreed timeframes.
With the production team, and specifically with the Outdoor Event Manager you will deliver event management plans and site layouts as required for the safe and efficient management of the outdoor events.
- Provide high quality event management services to ensure the professional, safe and collaborative delivery of event objectives, ensuring an exceptional customer experience across the HOTA precinct.
- Demonstrate consistent leadership through advocacy and effectively lead direct teams to achieve event outcomes and objectives.
- Provide event management guidance and cost estimates as part of testing the feasibility of presenting shows at HOTA
- Develop, implement and contribute to the continuous improvement of best practice policies, manuals and procedures in relation to Presenter Services and outdoor event management to streamline workflow, create efficiencies and minimize negative impacts felt across other departments to ensure HOTA is positioned to deliver high quality creative endeavours
- Effectively manage, or escalate, controversial issues, where there may be numerous stakeholders and perspectives
- Undertake regular training in areas relevant to organisational activity and industry practices.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure effective and efficient operations in line with the needs of the organisation, within limits of the employee’s skills, competence and training.
- Established relationships with relevant industry networks, presenters, promoters and artists.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering large scale outdoor events, including live performance, cultural programs, music and physical performance.
- A solid understanding of performance operational requirements including knowledge of production, logistic and audience requirements for live theatre, festivals, large outdoor events
- Proven financial management and budgeting experience.
- Understanding of marketing and digital strategies to attract audiences, build and maintain relationships with community.
Enquiries in relation to this position should be directed to:
People and Culture Advisor