Artbox Artclub is seeking a passionate gallery assistant with sales skills for our booth at the Sydney Contemporary art fair.
Artbox is currently based in Melbourne Australia. We are an artist run corporation that has commissioned emerging and established contemporary artists every month since 2015.
We specialise in supporting artists to make small multiple works on paper and big moving image artworks . We are breaking down barriers for artists and viewers to participate in the art world. We challenge the market to provide decent and fair remuneration, respect and recognition for artist's time and effort, as well as for their diverse artworks, ideas and intentions.
Artbox puts artists first in everything we do. They are the first to be paid. They call the shots. We trust their judgement and we support them unconditionally with time, space, money and anything else we can find. We do this because we love artists and their art. Art reminds us that subjectivity is not always lonely. Art tells us that we share a world with diverse peoples that have shared needs, hopes, fears and desires. Artists are wonderous.
This year we are venturing into the art fair business at Sydney Contemporary.
- Working with the Artbox team to develop key relationships, networks and sales materials in the weeks prior to the fair.
- Assist with the booth installation beginning on September 9, 2019.
- Attending to the Artbox Artclub booth from September 10th to 15th, 2019, including VIP opening and public opening parties.
- Selling artworks, gathering mailing list details, subscribing new collectors to the club and helping with logistics.
- Demonstrable experience and success in sales and the commercial art business.
- An excellent communicator in both written and spoken forms.
- Dress appropriately for a formal opening party and throughout the fair.
- Sales commissions (percentage negotiable).
- An artwork (by negotiation) from our stockroom after the event
- Art fair experience at Australiasia's premiere art event
How to apply
- Please write 2 - 3 sentence cover letter detailing why you are suitable for the role.
- Provide a detailed CV addressing your art and sales experience which includes your contact details.
- Send these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "Gallery Assistant Application"