Creativity isn't a gift from on high. It's a skill that grows with practice and can be developed through regular exercise.
Artist Judith Braun creates adult finger paintings. Image via www.fastcodesign.com
There is a popular notion that creativity is an attribute bestowed on a select few; that we are either born with creative ability or not. This creates an us and them divide between the Leonardo da Vincis (those outwardly pursuing a creative inclination), and the rest of us that are convinced we lack imagination or creativity. As a result, creativity can feel like an exclusive club as opposed to something we all encounter every day.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today