The new conversation about a National Australian Theatre has a feeling of deja vu for Indigenous performers who have long discussed a National Indigenous Theatre. But with more than 200 language groups and cultures, how would it work?
Image: Yirra Yaakin celebrates 21 years as WA’s leading Aboriginal performing arts company with the exhibition Ialaru: A Celebration at the Western Australian Museum, Perth.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today