An actor of colour has been cast as the lead in the Australian production of the musical Everybody’s Talking About Jamie. So why doesn’t he appear in its marketing collateral?
Casting a talented young African-Australian actor in the lead role of the Australian production of Everybody’s Talking About Jamie should have been a moment to celebrate. But rather than feature queer South African-Australian actor James Majoos in their initial promotional material, the producers – for reasons known only to themselves – went with the original marketing logo and image from the musical’s West End season.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today