Brett Whiteley is no longer exclusive to the visual arts, but has become part of Australian mythology. ArtsHub speaks with those involved in creating this landscape of memory, to ask: why now?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Brett Whiteley, Self portrait with reading specs, 1991 (detail) brush and black ink, 46.1 x 31.7 cm Brett Whiteley Studio Collection © Wendy Whiteley Photo: AGNSW