The physical and psychological impacts of working in the arts generated vigorous discussion at the Australian Theatre Forum.
Image: A different type of Art
In 2013, a nationwide study of actors' wellbeing was conducted, surveying 782 of the 8000 actors working in Australia. The results of that study, which was responding to anecdotal reports of high suicide rates, poor mental health, and an over-reliance on alcohol in the theatre sector, were frightening.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today