Other winners on the night included the Belvoir/Co-Curious co-production Counting and Cracking, STC’s The Beauty Queen of Leenane, and Apocalypse Theatre Company's Angels in America.
Based on the controversial book by Bret Easton Ellis, American Psycho The Musical has slayed its rivals to take home nine Sydney Theatre Awards, including Best Independent Musical, Best Direction of a Musical (Alexander Berlage) and the Judith Johnson Award for Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical (Ben Gerrard).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today