Rather than accept the new status quo after funding cuts, we should fight for change, said speakers at the Australian Theatre Forum.
On 12 May 2014, the Australia Council for the Arts – and the broader Australian arts sector – reeled in shock as then Minister for the Arts George Brandis announced he had reallocated $104.8 million over four years from the Australia Council’s budget to a new arts funding program, the National Program for Excellence in the Arts (later renamed Catalyst).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today