Six arts and cultural organisations including Australian Tapestry Workshop and Red Stitch Actors Theatre face losing $30,000 a year if Port Phillip Council’s plans go ahead, placing significant strain on already lean operations.
The City of Port Phillip – encompassing Melbourne’s bayside suburbs St Kilda, Albert Park and Middle Park, among others – is reputedly planning to axe triennial funding for six nationally significant arts and cultural organisations.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today