A new study conducted by Flinders University and UNSW demonstrates that our assumptions about a genre of music can have an effect on our emotional response before any actual music is heard.
How do react when someone tells you they like heavy metal music? Do you instantly hear a raucous growl and the thunderous thump of a double kick drum? What about country music? Sombre lyrics about heartache to a background of twangy guitar?
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today