There’s been a lot of talk about the need for an institution dedicated to First Nations performing arts. Carissa Lee argues that such an institution could segregate our culture and support the ‘doom narratives’ of the past.
Blackfella story telling: Ursula Yovich and Elaine Crombie in Barbara and the Camp Dogs at Malthouse Theatre; image Pia Johnson.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today