We no longer cast white actors in black face but we don't train disabled actors to ensure a fifth of the population is honestly portrayed on stage.
'I that am not shaped for sportive tricks...' Laurence Olivier as the disabled Richard III. Image via artinfo.com
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today