The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on our Moreland community with local artists reporting considerable financial hardship due to event cancellation and loss of income. Our local businesses/community organisations have also experienced significant hardship through loss of income and closures.
The Community Creator: Artist in Residence program has been designed to assist artists and businesses/community organisations to recover from the COVID-19 lockdowns through the creation of a matched artistic residency program providing a short-term employment opportunity for artists and creative solutions for businesses/community organisations.
Five local artists will be matched with five local businesses/community organisations to co-design and deliver a creative response to an existing challenge faced by the businesses/community organisations or local community through an artistic project or set of activities in early 2021.
- Professional Artists (Expressions of Interest open Mon, 18 Jan 2021) – emerging, mid-career and established artists. Artists may choose to work in partnership with one other artist for the duration of the residency. Please contact the Arts Officer to discuss prior to submitting your EOI.
- Registered Businesses/Community Organisations (Funding submissions open Mon, 1 Feb 2021) - for organisations, not-for-profit businesses and small companies.
- To create a short-term employment opportunity for local artists impacted by COVID-19.
- To create an opportunity for artists to collaborate with others in areas outside their usual practice.
- To provide artists with the time and space to develop work and creatively explore new ideas.
- To support local businesses/community organisations facing challenges due to COVID-19.
- To strengthen the capacity of local artists and businesses/community organisations to develop and deliver quality projects for the wider community.
- To support local artists and businesses/community organisations in navigating new models of partnership and engagement.
- To creatively address a need in the community.
- To build connection and engagement through community led arts and cultural activities.
- To support and encourage more people to engage with arts and culture in Moreland.
JOIN US on Wednesday 20 January to learn how you can apply for the program. The session will include a presentation by the Moreland Arts Officer, followed by a question and answer session.