HATE SELLING? TRY STRATEGY INSTEAD
Marketing is one of the most despised and least understood aspects of running a creative business and being an arts entrepreneur. Most creatives hate to sell, and would rather be making than hustling.
There is a simple secret to making marketing more palatable - understanding the strategy behind the sales will make a huge impact on your creative career. This down-to-earth and enjoyable workshop explores the mystery behind the marketing magic, specifically for creative professionals.
We’ll also examine:
- The key elements of a successful marketing campaign;
- How to understand clients, customer and competitors;
- The deeper meaning of word-of-mouth marketing;
- The importance of social media;
- How to make a website with impact … and much more!
Our Beginners Guide to Marketing workshop is tailored specifically to creative people who are (or want to be) self-employed, from students and start-ups to experienced freelancers and arts organisations.
What do I get?
All participants of this workshop also receive:
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Beginners Guide to Marketing dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to a dedicated webpage full of links and resources to help them get ahead in their creative business.
- The possibility of further one-to-one business advice, mentoring and support from one of our creative industries business specialist advisors.
All questions are welcome in this relaxed, safe and inclusive workshop. Participants are also encouraged to share their own experiences and network with their fellow practitioners.
Who should enrol?
Hobbyists, creative freelancers, established practitioners, arts organisations.
How do I enrol?
Head over to Humanitix to sign up!
Who is presenting?
Lillie Brown is a freelance marketing strategist and Marketing Manager of Creative Plus Business. Lillie works with small to medium creative businesses to devise and implement marketing and social media strategies that are easy for creative brains to digest. She walks clients through a comprehensive planning process to create simple to understand and actionable strategies to help them fulfil their vision. Lillie has been the Marketing Manager of Creative Plus Business since 2018, and is invaluable in helping build our social enterprise to a national scale!
What is Creative Plus Business?
We're a social enterprise dedicated to educating creative people and arts organisations about business skills. We help through sharing practical knowledge in a fun and irreverent way, and everything we do is designed to help creatives to feel more confident and comfortable about the entrepreneurial aspects of their creative practice. We believe that a bit of naughtiness, tempered with a kind heart and a big dose of professionalism, is the key to helping creative people understand the boring basics of business.